In The Pursuit Of, "OPTIMUM HEALTH", In Concurrence With Colleague, Dr. Lawrence Wilson, MD
1) Most People Today Are Born Depleted And Toxic. Even if one eats the best food, and one’s health were perfect, most of us are born today with nutritional deficiencies, thanks to deficiencies in our parents. Both nutrient deficiencies, and toxic metals that require extra nutrients for their removal, are passed from mother to child through the placenta.
2) Today's Soil Is Depleted. Many soils are low in zinc, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, calcium and magnesium. This means that although one eats an excellent diet of organic foods, one will not obtain all the nutrients one needs.
3) High-yield Crops Are Deficient In Many Nutrients. Ten times the amount of wheat is grown on the same land as was grown 100 years ago. Today's wheat contains about 6% protein whereas 100 years ago it contained 12-14%. Trace mineral levels are similarly much lower due to high-yield farming methods.
4) Modern Fertilizers Do Not Supply Enough Trace Elements. One hundred years ago, manures were used extensively for fertilizer. Today, superphosphate fertilizers have largely replaced manures. These contain mainly nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus and are deficient in the trace elements contained in manures.
Superphosphates often act more as growth stimulants. This has contributed greatly to depletion of the soil and crop minerals. This includes organically grown food, although it is much better..
5) Pesticides And Herbicides Kill Soil Microorganisms And Affect The Nutrition Of The Crops And Your Cells. Soil microorganisms are needed to make minerals and other nutrients available to plants. The result is lower nutrient content. Also, our bodies require extra nutrients to process pesticide residues that remain inside the foods.
Many pesticides are deadly chemicals that severely tax the human system. Some contain lead, arsenic and other toxic metals that slowly accumulate in the body unless and until one follows a health program designed to remove them.
Our laws currently allow sewage and factory sludge to be sold as fertilizer that contains significant quantities of toxic metals. These add greatly to our toxic metal burden and require extra nutrients to help remove them from the body.
6) Long-Distance Transportation Of Many Foods Diminishes Their Nutrition. Many foods are grown thousands of miles from population centers. They may spend a week on trucks or trains to reach you.
As soon as a food is harvested, the levels of certain nutrients begins to diminish. This is another factor that reduces our nutrient intake and increases the need for quality nutritional supplements such as True LIFE ULTRA Meal by 1'SPORT OF LIFE Nutrition.
7) Food Processing Can Drastically Reduce Nutrient Content. Refining of wheat to make white flour removes 80% of its magnesium, 70-80% of its zinc, 87% of its chromium, 88% of its manganese and 50% of its cobalt.
Refining sugar cane to make white sugar removes 99% of its magnesium and 93% of its chromium. Polishing rice removes 75% of its zinc and chromium. Canned foods are old and can contain contaminates from such cans. Frozen foods are nutritionally better but still inferior to fresh vegetables, meats, dairy and other products.
8) Food Additives Often Further Deplete Nutrients. Thousands of artificial flavors, colors, dough conditioners, stabilizers and preservatives are added to many foods. While some are harmless and may increase the value of food, many are toxic and can deplete the body of nutrients. For example, EDTA added to some frozen vegetables to preserve the color of the vegetable does so by removing vital minerals from the vegetable so it does not “tarnish”.
9) Poor Digestion & Assimilation Due To Years Of Waste Accumulation Result In Poor Nutrient Absorption And Utilization. A result of years of low-quality, processed & refined, foods with hundreds of various additives, the use harmful food prep methods like Frying, Microwaving & in some case Boiling, impairs our entire digestion efficiency. This further impairment of nutrient absorption thus increases our nutritional needs. This is why Top Nutritional Balancing Programs, include vital organ detoxification agents and digestive aids like those found in the;
1'SPORT OF LIFE Nutrition System;
Cellular Cleansing Alkaline Water Total Body Ultra Cleanse True R
10) Stressful lifestyles deplete many nutrients including calcium, magnesium and zinc. Zinc begins to be eliminated from the body within minutes of a stress. This is why many people have white spots on their fingernails, for example.
Stress causes excessive sympathetic nervous system activity, which reduces digestive strength. This, in turn, reduces nutrient absorption and utilization even further. Thus, anyone under stress will need even more nutrients than those that live a very peaceful and quite existence.
11) Nutritional Supplements For Healing Illnesses. The use of food extracts, isolates and even synthesized vitamin and mineral supplements for healing is extremely well-documented, even if it is denied by some “health authorities”. Literally millions of pages of research document the benefits of supplementary nutrient therapy for a wide range of illnesses.
Much more is written on this website about these methods. Here I just want to introduce the concept of using isolated nutrients, plant extracts and other supplements for healing.
12) Supplements For Mental And Emotional Healing. Many mental, emotional problems and neurological conditions such as depression, anxiety, epilepsy and many others also respond very well to nutrient supplementation programs